Most common used American Idioms in the U.S

 American Idioms

Last Updated  10/7/2020


What's up:

 means how are you?

or

What are you doing?

What's up? 

Not much! Just working.


I will eat my hat: 

means something that is unlikely to happen. 

If you win the lottery, I will eat my hat.


Cool 

means a little  bit cold.

the wind is cool.

 cool also means not angry.

Adam is always cool. He never gets angry.

Cool also means that someone wears stylish clothes.

You look cool in the new suit.


Give me a break:

means to give a chance

Give me a break, I can win the game.


Once in a blue moon:

means rarely

I go to the beach once in a blue moon.


Bro:

means a friend

you are my bro.


Buck:

means a dollar

Could you please give me a buck?


Cash:

means money

How much cash do you have on you?


Cheesy:

means to have cheap quality.

This song is cheesy.


Drive up to the wall:

means to make angry

My friend drives me up to the wall.


To get under his or her skin:

means to bother

Adam gets under my skin


Hyped:

means very excited

I'm hyped to see my friends


Score:

means to get what you want.

If you get the job, you will get the score. 


Suck it up:

means to accept hardship

You need to suck it up. Every time, I do not give you money, you get angry. 


I could eat a horse. 

means to be very hungry.

I have not eaten all day. I could eat a horse.


Get through.

This means dealing with a hard situation. 

I'm going through a lot now. 


Overcome

This means to successfully work with a problem

I'm happy because I have overcome all of my problems.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happend to GTA V Redux Realism Mod?

Malaysia Jetline 370 with 239 people Still Missing